Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gun Control?


One of my homework assignments was to read the article, Annie get your gun. This article was about women and their right to use firearms. Alot of people or dare I say, "men" think that women with guns are silly. Or maybe that they might hurt themselves because their too weak. I think its all sexist. Personally, I think owning a gun should be a choice and not prohibited whether male or female. But there should be strict guidelines and laws when it comes to who purchases them. Lets face it, if someone wants to get a hold of a firearm, they will find a way. At least if its registered, its place of origin can be tracked and it would aid in catching a criminal.
All this talk about guns was sparked when Palin was running for office. Palin was very open about her use of firearms. I was surprised when a multitude of women came forward and defended the use of firearms. A man in the article stated that, "Its not the gun that kills, its the person behind it." Which is so true and makes it bad for everyone else. Alot of people were also very angry at Palin for coming out of the gun closet and telling people it was okay to use them. So who cares what people think anyway. The majority of people in the United States didnt like her because she was a Replublican from Alaska.
When I was a teenager, I had barrells of fun at camp. I enjoyed riding the horses but most of all I loved target practice. I didnt shoot a single thing but the target in front of me and the grass. No murder scenes, just straight fun. Why cant everyone just play nice and shoot at the right things. This remains a mystery.

3 comments:

Paul G. said...

What are the "right" things?

shell74 said...

INSTRUCTOR ZERO,
THE RIGHT THINGS ARE FOR EXAMPLE...AT TARGET PRACTICE AT CAMP?!?!? AND NOT AT PEOPLE?!?!?!

Paul G. said...

What about animals?

Nice image, by the way. Very appropriate since many anime are filled with gun violence.